At Denise Nguyen Orthodontics, we place an emphasis on keeping up with the latest in cutting-edge technology. This is important to us because when you come in to visit your orthodontist in Vienna, VA, we want to be able to offer the most comfortable and efficient orthodontic treatment possible. One such technological advance that we offer for our patients is Invisalign. We’re also proud to offer Invisalign for teens with our Invisalign Teen treatment.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign combines advanced 3-D computer graphics technology with the 100-year-old science of orthodontics in order to create a fantastic new way to straighten your smile. Invisalign helps craft plastic, removable aligners that are designed to gradually move your teeth until they reach their desired final position as prescribed by your orthodontist in Vienna, VA. While they have the same intended goal as braces, they also offer so much more.
How Invisalign Works
After sending precise treatment instructions to Invisalign, it will be used to help create a series of plastic, removable aligners that are customized for you. You’ll receive somewhere between 12 to 48 of these aligners and you’ll be required to wear them in a designated order. You’ll wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, only taking them out for eating, cleaning your teeth, and special occasions. After the two-week period is over, you’ll move onto the next set, continuing this process until you’ve gone through the entire series and your teeth have reached their desired position.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers a host of great benefits for an orthodontic patient, including the following:
- Invisalign’s aligners are clear, giving a patient a virtually entirely discreet orthodontic treatment.
- Because the aligners are removable, a patient won’t have to worry about the foods that he or she eats. The aligners will be taken out before meals, meaning that eating won’t damage them.
- Also, brushing and flossing are as simple as ever; with braces, this process would require more work.
- The polyurethane plastic that the aligners are made of offer more comfort than the metal wires and brackets of braces.
- The aligners also work as a nightguard to protect a patient’s teeth from nighttime teeth grinding.